Saturday, October 23, 2010

words fail

So I started this blog assuming I'd have a lot to share about going to grad school, being a mom, and working too. Yes, I have a lot of things floating around in my head, but very little to "say" in a literary way. I've decided that it is not only due to lack of time (although that is a huge understatement and underestimated factor from the pre-grad school days), but rather, I am processing so much right now that I am not worthy to elaborate just yet on any of it.

I will say though that I am somewhat amazed at myself. Working 30 hours a week, raising 3 children and all that entails with sports, piano, homework, etc..., plus grocery shopping, house cleaning, cooking, husband care..., working out (not a lot but I do it!), and reading and paper writing for school. I hope that I am being a good role model for my children. I hope that they see my stick-to-it-ness, my cheerful attitude, my resolve to be the best I can be.... I really hope they see it because I would hate to find out that this is all just self-indulgence and that my family has gained nothing while I gain so much. I hope that the costs are worth it. I think they are, so I will keep at it, doing my best - in the hopes that my children will want to do their best too.

No comments:

Post a Comment